Recently, I attended a business workshop and on the first day the speaker spoke about putting your face to your business. Being a photographer, I am perfectly comfortable and happy staying behind the camera. The last few years have been a roller coaster, personally and professionally. I’ve made many hard decisions and changed old ideas and business plans. I met a cute guy and fell more in love, which I didn’t think was possible, with my daughter.
It was time, time to get in front of the camera and capture who I am today. Who does the photographer go to for their headshots? Laura Siebert of Eyesmile Photography, of course. She has a style uniquely hers that is soft and personally connected. I knew of Laura from way back in my Flickr years when she was in St. Louis, a good 10+ years ago. (Ah, Flickr; so much traces back to good ol’ Flickr! 🙂 I miss it.) Laura has since relocated to Denver. Maya and I were first in front of her camera about 2 years ago for a Mother/ Daughter session; she’s who I trust behind the camera. Thank you Laura! I love my headshots!
Meet Your Photographer
- I’m a bit rare, apparently: part of the 7-10% of the population for handedness and in the 2% of the world population for blood type
- My family and I are roommates to three felines: Breck, Tatum, and Gordon
- Spent the first 18 years of my life living on a Marine Corps base somewhere in the world; Best. Experience. Ever
- Self-taught photographer, my background is actually in Child Development and Psychology
- Denver suits my soul
- My college graduation present to me from me was exploring Kenya, England, Scotland, Germany, and France
- Climbed Mt. Fuji
- Hated peas until we grew our own
- Survived the Upper and Lower Gauley…TWICE!
- Always dark coffee with just a touch a milk
- Jumped out of a plane once
- Favorite smell: the forest after a light rain
- Favorite sounds: a child’s laughter and hearing the clinking sound from the sail ropes on sail boats rocking in the water
- The flatter the pillow, the better
- Shaved my head once for St. Baldricks
- No, that is not my natural hair color, as much as my daughter wishes it was
- In my next life, I want to be a farmer
- A robbery in New York City led me to start my photography business
- August 26th is my favorite month and day combo of the year. I have no idea why.